With its lovely countryside and scenic panorama dotted with rolling hills, cypress trees, blooming flower fields and architectural wonders, Tuscany remains one of the top spots for visitors to Italy. Small villages and farmhouses nestled in the mountain ranges add to the quiet and relaxing atmosphere of life in the country. The gastronomic specialties you will find there are all proper to the region and of course the Tuscan wines are renowned worldwide for their excellent quality.
Wine tours are an unforgettable experience that allows one to experience first-hand the traditional methods of grape cultivation and the various wine-making processes derived from Greco-Roman antiquity- all factors which contribute to the high level of quality and overall health benefits of Tuscan wines.
- American tourists especially will find the Tuscan countryside very similar to the wine country of Napa Valley in Northern California, and, in fact, the region attracts thousands of American visitors at any time of year. The perfect climate is a major factor which adds to the abundant fertility of the land and to all aspects of Tuscan culinary excellence.
- Because of the region’s temperate climate and sunny weather it also offers a great opportunity for a perfect road trip; public transportation is available from major cities like Florence but renting a car is a necessity if you want to reach the quiet and laid back towns in the mountainous areas. Finding a convertible car hire in Italy is not only easy but also very affordable if you take a look on international local companies like Primerent . Whether it be a Mercedes or a Mini Cabrio, Primerent will satisfy all your needs for a luxury vintage tour around the region.
- Choose a Mini Cooper S Cabrio (4 ergonomic seats, automatic transmission, GPS) which is perfect for a family trip with kids and is also the right size to get around even when visiting the cathedrals and duomos in the traffic of large cosmopolitan cities like Florence- or travelling up winding roads around the hills in the mountains. A Mercedes Benz SLK is also appropriate for business trips or if you want to have all the conveniences of luxury at your disposal; this 2 seater sports car has all the needed features to ensure a safe trip without compromising on its engine power and capacity (184 hp, 231 km/hr) especially during long trips.
convertible car in Tuscany
- Start your road trip from Florence, where you can visit spectacular Renaissance works of art in Piazza del Duomo (the 14th Century Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, the 12th Century Baptistery, the marble and bronze wonders in the Church of Orsanmichele- designed by Donatello and other masters of Renaissance architecture-, Piazza della Signoria where Michelangelo’s statue of David towers majestically, the Uffizi and the Accademia Gallery filled with the creations of Michelangelo, Da Vinci and Botticelli).
- Head to nearby Pisa in the morning and revel in the shade of the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Piazza dei Miracoli- this lovely town, surrounded by green fields is small and convenient for an afternoon visit where you can enjoy a pic-nic on the grass lawns. Lucca is only 24 km away and there you can rent a bike or drive through the beautiful countryside and luscious forests, or visit the historical center, the Duomo, Piazza dell’ Anfiteatro, and the centuries old trees at the top of Guinigi Tower with its spectacular panorama.
- Then make your way to the Chianti region and the wineries of San Gimignano- two of the most breathtaking places in Tuscany, lined with vineyards and olive groves. The wine museum in Greve (chianti) is a must-see, with its wine-making tools and the chance to taste over 200 different varieties of wine. And the Medieval towers in the wonder-filled landscape of the hilltop village of San Gimignano will add a magic touch to your experience.